Knowledge can protect you
You work hard for your money and you want a company you can rely on when it comes to sending your money to friends and family. That’s why we want to help you protect yourself from fraud. In this section, you’ll find informative tips and other useful material to stay informed and help reduce your chances of falling victim to scammers.
Wire transfer never-evers
Lower your chances of falling victim
to fraud by checking out these eight
things you should never do when
using a money transfer service.
- Never send money to people you haven't met in-person.
- Never send money to pay for taxes or fees on lottery or prize winnings.
- Never use a test question as an additional security measure to protect your transaction.
- Never provide your banking information to people or businesses you don’t know.
- Never send money in advance to obtain a loan or credit card.
- Never send money for an emergency situation without verifying that it’s a real emergency.
- Never send funds from a cheque in your account until it officially clears—which can take weeks.
- Never send a money transfer for online purchases.
Learn more about different scam types